The Onehunga Business Association (OBA) oversees Onehunga’s brand and reputation, is an advocate for business across local and central government and provides proactive security for our members.
The Onehunga Business Association is investigating the expansion of the Business Improvement District (BID) boundary which currently includes mainly retail and hospitality businesses in the town centre. Many businesses sit outside the existing boundary and are missing out on the benefits of being part of the association.
What Are The Onehunga BID Benefits To Your Business?
Local economic development:
- Onehunga's look & feel - Making Onehunga a more appealing place to work and visit
- Business directory for all OBA members
- Professional local networking connections
- Regular and coordinated security patrols throughout the district
- CCTV network expansion throughout the district
- Graffiti management
- Illegally dumped rubbish management
Brand and promotions:
- Onehunga social media
- Promotions of Onehunga to wider Auckland community
- Internal communications - monthly digital newsletters
- Member events including workshops and networking
- Community-focused events
Advocacy services with central and local government with a focus on:
- Local economic benefits for business
- Effects from building development on the district
- Physical landscape and environment
- Zoning of property - commercial vs residential
- Waste audits
- Extensive recycling information
- Inorganic waste collections
- Food waste collection service
Expanding the BID boundary means we will have the resources to act more quickly and decisively for all businesses in Onehunga.