The OBA’s key functions are the promotion and development of Onehunga’s shopping and business centre. The Association plays a key role in the local community and works closely with local organisations to ensure our close-knit community thrives.
Onehunga Business Association is an Auckland Business Improvement District (BID). As such, its activities follow the objectives of Auckland Council’s BID Programme for economic development of the area.
OBA provides a wide range of services for members including:
- Promotion of Onehunga as a business and shopping area through a very active events programme, marketing and advertising;
- Promotion of member businesses through publications including the annual Onehunga Guide and on this website;
- Workshops and networking events for members;
- Security Services including a dedicated day-time security guard patrolling the town centre, and a network of 28 CCTVs;
- 24 hour Graffiti removal;
- Communications to members including eNews – the member newsletter sent out month, this website and the Onehunga Facebook page;
- Keeping members informed about the effects of the many infratructure projects effecting Onehunga in recent years.
One of OBA’s key roles is liaison and engagement with Auckland Council, our Local Board and other authorities to lobby for and bring about improvements in the area, and lobbying to ensure that any improvements cause the least disruption to businesses in the area.
The Onehunga Business Association (OBA) is made up of more than 800 members who are either landlords or business owners within the Onehunga Business Improvement District (BID) area.
The OBA is dedicated to the promotion and development of the Onehunga shopping and business centre.The OBA works closely with community groups and organisations to bring improvements and economic benefits to the area.
As a Business Improvement District, the OBA’s key areas of activity are:
- economic development
- marketing and promotion
- urban design
- heritage conservation
The five strategic aims of BIDs are to:
- Increase visitor numbers to the BID
- Provide a safe and secure environment for economic development
- Provide transport and parking solutions to create sustainable growth
- Create a sense business community
- Create a brand awareness for the BID through event organisation and management