This website is run by the Onehunga Business Association (OBA).
The OBA’s key functions are the promotion and development of Onehunga’s shopping and business centre. The Association plays a key role in the local community and works closely with local organisations to ensure our close-knit community thrives. The activities follow the objectives of Auckland Council’s BID Programme for economic development of the area.
The OBA provides a wide range of services for members including:
- Promotion of Onehunga as a business and shopping area through an active events and promotions programme, marketing and advertising;
- Promotion of member businesses through our online directory;
- Workshops and networking events for members;
- Security Services including a dedicated day-time security guard patrolling the town centre, and an extensive CCTV network;
- 24 hour Graffiti removal;
- Communications to members including The OBA Bulletin – monthly member newsletter, this website and the Onehunga Facebook page;
- Keeping members informed about the effects of the many infrastructure projects affecting Onehunga in recent years.
One of OBA’s key roles is liaison and engagement with Auckland Council, our Local Board and other authorities to lobby for and bring about improvements in the area, and lobbying to ensure that any improvements cause the least disruption to businesses in the area.
The Onehunga Business Association (OBA) is made up of more than 400 members who are either landlords or business owners within the Onehunga Business Improvement District (BID) area.
As a Business Improvement District, the OBA’s key areas of activity are:
- Economic development
- Marketing and promotion
- Urban design
- Heritage conservation.
The five strategic aims of BIDs are to:
- Increase visitor numbers to the BID
- Provide a safe and secure environment for economic development
- Provide transport and parking solutions to create sustainable growth
- Create a sense business community
- Create a brand awareness for the BID through event organisation and management.